Health and Safety

Is it safe to study abroad?

There are always risks with going abroad, just like there are risks traveling within the United States. ISU does not allow students to study abroad in locations with increased risks or travel warnings. However, much of the safety of the student depends on their own ability to use good judgement and to make mature decisions.

What kind of insurance do I need for study abroad?

All study abroad students are required to have international health insurance. Students participating in a program through a partner university will be provided GeoBlue insurance through the Education Abroad Office. All other students going abroad be provided insurance through their affiliate company.

What housing options are available?

Housing options vary depending on the chosen program. Normally students will be housed in a dormitory, apartment, or homestay setting. Read more about housing here.

Don’t see your question? Ask here!