We have one returning student worker and five (yes, FIVE!!) new student workers. We want to be able to give you all a peak into their lives so you know who they are in case you interact with any of them.
- Elinor Balensuela is a senior at Indiana State University. She is majoring in English, with minors in Creative Writing, Communication PR, and International Studies. She studied abroad at Edge Hill University in England in the Spring of 2013, followed by a trip to China in 2015 through a Faculty-Led program. She is entering her 3rd year of work at the Study Abroad Office. She is currently the Social Media Director for the office, as well as a Student Advisor and Student Assistant. She plans on using her work in the Study Abroad Office to purse a Master Degree in Higher Education, International Relations, or International Law. She is also involved in Concert Choir and Sycamore Singers on campus as well as working a second job at Arts Illiana which is graciously funded through AmeriCorps.
- Ben was born in Panama City, FL. He has lived in Denver, CO, Shepherdsville, KY, Dayton, OH, and Terre Haute, IN. He grew up in Shepherdsville, KY, about 15 miles south of Louisville. He graduated from Bullitt Central High School in 2007, where I also played high school football. After graduation, he spent 1 year working in a bindery and 2 years as a volunteer firefighter, as well as using those 3 years helping out his grandparents who were at a stage where they needed daily help. He moved to Terre Haute, IN in 2010 where he decided to go back to school to get his education. He began working in the Office of Student Financial Aid in July 2011 and continued to work there until August 2015. He graduated in 2014 with BS in Health Administration and a minor in Business Administration. He then began Grad school in January 2015 in the MPA program, but transferred to the HRD program which he believes will suit future career goals. He has never studied abroad, but would love to travel the world one day. If I could choose one place to go one day it would be Italy. Or Greece. He has 2 nephews and a niece, a dog named Dog and a cat named Mo.
Bryant Clayton is an Indiana State University presidential scholar entering into his pivotal senior year. Born in Indianapolis, Indiana, he began his journey at Indiana State in the fall of 2012 with the intent in pursuing a career in medicine. After alterations and adjustments to his career interests, as well as his life altering experiences abroad in South Africa, he has decided to use his major in interdisciplinary studies as a foundation for his pursuit in a PhD in psychology and philosophy. He currently is a part of the Ebony Majestic Choir on campus and is the founder of the Minority Pre-Health Organization which focuses on empowering and unifying minorities who wish to pursue health professions.
- In 2014, Cassidy went on a Faculty-led trip to Italy, Greece, and Turkey for 2 weeks to conduct field research on the House of the Tragic Poet in Pompeii. She returned home for a few months and then was off again to Prague, Czech Republic. She lived in Prague for 4 moths and held an internship at Post Bellum while attending Anglo-American University. While I was there, she also took trips to Ireland, the UK, and Germany.
- Yahzmine Rodriguez is from Indianapolis, IN. As a senior, she is working towards a B.S. in marketing with hopes in finding a career in marketing research and non-profit management. Her study abroad experience was spent in Seoul, South Korea for the fall semester of her junior year. Her choice was completely spontaneous as I knew almost nothing about the country. She was able to volunteer every week at the local orphanage, visit the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ), and attend the 2014 International Film Festival in Busan. Her time in South Korea was so enjoyable that she hope to seek other international opportunities in Asia.
- Mackenzie Tank is a senior and is majoring in Music Business with a concentration in voice and marketing. In the fall semester of 2014, she study abroad in Florence, Italy at Florence University of the Arts, and was able to travel to 6 different countries during her time there. In the Spring of 2015, she traveled with the Sycamore Singers on a faculty lead trip to China. Upon graduation Mackenzie hopes to complete an internship abroad and then continue performing along with pursing a career in international work bring people together from different cultures through music.